Donate books for elementary and middle school students that showcase diverse characters.
The Adelphi Mentoring Program Book Drive was inspired by the #1000BlackGirlBooks Movement.
Drop off locations:
Nexus Building, Room 144
University Center, Lobby
Hagedorn Hall, Room 201
Earle Hall, Lower Level (Bridges Office)
You can drop off books through April 1 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Wondering what to donate?
Here are some suggested titles that support the mission of the #1000BlackGirlBooks movement.
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- The Magnificent Mya Tibbs by Crystal Allen
- President of the Whole Fifth Gade by Sherri Winston
- Gabriela (American Girl: Girl of the Year 2017 Series #1) by Teresa E. Harris
- Gabriela Speaks Out (American Girl: Girl of the Year 2017 Series #2) by Teresa E. Harris
- Who is Michelle Obama? by Megan Stine
- Who was Harriet Tubman? by Yona Zeldis McDonough
- Who was Maya Angelou? by Angela Labrecque
- Who Was Rosa Parks? by Yona Zeldis McDonough
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- The Golden Girls of Rio by Nikkolas Smith
- Firebird by Misty Copeland
- Misty Copeland: Life in Action by Misty Copeland
- Ada Twist, the Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- Hidden Figures: Young Readers’ Edition by Margot Lee Shetterly
For further information, please contact:
e – firstname.lastname@example.org
p – 516.877.3410
e – email@example.com
p – 516.877.3182