Please note that the location of this event has changed. Due to the high level of interest for this event, it has been moved from Alumni House to the Ruth S. Harley University Center, Room 203.
Registration for this event is now closed, but you can watch Dr. Stanley’s presentation live on November 6 on Adelphi’s YouTube channel or via the embedded video at the bottom of this page.
The Center for Health Innovation invites you to a lecture and panel discussion.
Dr. Samuel Stanley, President of Stony Brook University, will keynote this event. Dr. Stanley was one of the nation’s highest recipients of support from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for his research focusing on enhanced defense against emerging infectious diseases. He is an expert in the biological mechanisms that cells employ when responding to infectious agents such as parasites, bacteria, and viruses.
The event will also feature experts in the field of infectious disease and public health including:
- Philip Alcabes, Ph.D., Professor, Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health, and author of Dread: How Fear and Fantasy Have Fueled Epidemics from the Black Death to Avian Flu
- L. Reuven Pasternak, M.D., CEO and Vice President for Health Systems at Stony Brook University Hospital
- Victor F. Politi, M.D., FACP, FACEP, President and CEO of NuHealth System
- Donna Armellino, R.N., DNP, CIC, Vice President for Infection Prevention at North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Lawrence Eisenstein, M.D., FACP, Commissioner of Nassau County Department of Health
- Barry Rosenthal, M.D., Director of Winthrop University Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Zainab Attahiru, M.S.N., RN, Nurse Researcher and Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, please contact:
e – firstname.lastname@example.org