The popularity of high intensity interval training (HIIT) is on the rise. This type of training involves repeated bouts of high intensity effort followed by varied recovery times.
- What are the benefits of HIIT?
- Why is HIIT training so popular?
- What are the safety concerns with HIIT?
- How many times a week should you do a HIIT workout?
Guest speaker: John W. Wygand, M.A., FACSM
Director, Undergraduate Exercise Science and Institute of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness
Exercise is Medicine on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.
Open to students, alumni, faculty, staff, administration and the community. Please RSVP so that we can ensure that there are enough seats.
Light refreshments will be served.
Sponsored by the Adelphi University Health and Wellness Committee.
Please RSVP so that we can plan for adequate refreshments.
If you have any questions, please contact:
p – 516.877.4260
e – email@example.com