99 Members of the AU Community (students, faculty, staff and administration) will be sharing the Stanford rape survivor’s letter and Vice President Joe Biden’s response letter as a way of beginning a yearlong series of events to begin a dialogue regarding sexual assault on campuses and off. The initiative is called End Gendered Violence.
Students will be recreating a sexual assault performance piece at 1:30 p.m. in the PAC lobby so people walking through the PAC to see the performance in the Olmsted will walk through a visceral exhibit.
Members of the AU community will share parts of each letter on the Olmsted stage from 2:00 p.m-3:00 p.m. with their name and University affiliation on a screen behind them so we can put names and faces to her words.
There will be counselors available from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the space if anyone should need support.
The performance in the Olmsted will be open-captioned and accessible.
The letter from the rape victim is very graphic in parts. It will be read in its entirety.
All those with an interest in joining us either as a performer, or as a volunteer on other avenues such as marketing, crew, etc… are required to register below:
» Register to Volunteer
For further information, please contact:
Professor Maggie Lally
e – firstname.lastname@example.org
p – 516-877-4928
e – email@example.com
End Gendered Violence Partners:
- Collaboration Project
- Julian McBride (student, President of Criminal Justice Club)
- Kindeya Chiaro (student, organizer of Take Back the Night)
- Lea Cipriano (student, Vice President, Criminal Justice Club)
- Elizabeth Gross Cohn, PhD.,(Director of The Center for Health Innovation)
- Dale Flashner (faculty member, Art-Graphic Design)
- Brian Flatley (Assistant Director, Student Access Office)
- Tuval Foguel (Associate Dean, Arts and Sciences)
- Rosemary Garabedian, (Director, Student Access Office)
- Rob Goldman (artist and adjunct faculty member)
- Perry Greene (Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion)
- Rose Guerrero (Title IX and Compliance Investigator)
- Della Hudson (Associate Dean of Student Affairs)
- Rhonnie Jaus (Title IX Coordinator)
- Stephanie Lake (faculty member, Sociology/Criminal Justice)
- Maggie Lally, (faculty member,Theater and Director of Now You Hear Me)
- Traci Levy (faculty member, Political Science/Gender Studies)
- Deborah Little (faculty member, Sociology)
- Carol Lucas (Director, Counseling and Support Services)
- Jaclyn Lusardi (student, Production Stage Manager)
- Cindy Maguire (Acting Associate Dean, CAS)
- Eugene Palma (Associate Vice President, Office of Public Safety & Transportation)
- Camille Pajor (Coordinator, ,Student Conduct and Community Standards)
- Heather Stevenson (Campus Education and Outreach Director for The Safe Center)
- Devin Thornburg (faculty member, Education/Levermore Global Scholars)
- Adam Visconti (Assistant Director of Residential Life and Housing)
- Isuri Wijesundara (Student, Assistant Director of Now You Hear Me)