99 Members of the AU Community (students, faculty, staff and administration) will be sharing the Stanford rape survivor’s letter and Vice President Joe Biden’s response letter as a way of beginning a yearlong series of events to begin a dialogue regarding sexual assault on campuses and off. The initiative is called End Gendered Violence.
Students will be recreating a sexual assault performance piece at 1:30 p.m. in the PAC lobby so people walking through the PAC to see the performance in the Olmsted will walk through a visceral exhibit.
Members of the AU community will share parts of each letter on the Olmsted stage from 2:00 p.m-3:00 p.m. with their name and University affiliation on a screen behind them so we can put names and faces to her words.
There will be counselors available from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the space if anyone should need support.
The performance in the Olmsted will be open-captioned and accessible.
The letter from the rape victim is very graphic in parts. It will be read in its entirety.
End Gendered Violence Partners:
- Collaboration Project
- Julian McBride (student, President of Criminal Justice Club)
- Kindeya Chiaro (student, organizer of Take Back the Night)
- Lea Cipriano (student, Vice President, Criminal Justice Club)
- Elizabeth Gross Cohn, PhD.,(Director of The Center for Health Innovation)
- Dale Flashner (faculty member, Art-Graphic Design)
- Brian Flatley (Assistant Director, Student Access Office)
- Tuval Foguel (Associate Dean, Arts and Sciences)
- Rosemary Garabedian, (Director, Student Access Office)
- Rob Goldman (artist and adjunct faculty member)
- Perry Greene (Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion)
- Rose Guerrero (Title IX and Compliance Investigator)
- Della Hudson (Associate Dean of Student Affairs)
- Rhonnie Jaus (Title IX Coordinator)
- Stephanie Lake (faculty member, Sociology/Criminal Justice)
- Maggie Lally, (faculty member,Theater and Director of Now You Hear Me)
- Traci Levy (faculty member, Political Science/Gender Studies)
- Deborah Little (faculty member, Sociology)
- Carol Lucas (Director, Counseling and Support Services)
- Jaclyn Lusardi (student, Production Stage Manager)
- Cindy Maguire (Acting Associate Dean, CAS)
- Eugene Palma (Associate Vice President, Office of Public Safety & Transportation)
- Camille Pajor (Coordinator, ,Student Conduct and Community Standards)
- Heather Stevenson (Campus Education and Outreach Director for The Safe Center)
- Devin Thornburg (faculty member, Education/Levermore Global Scholars)
- Adam Visconti (Assistant Director of Residential Life and Housing)
- Isuri Wijesundara (Student, Assistant Director of Now You Hear Me)
For further information, please contact:
Professor Maggie Lally
e – email@example.com
p – 516-877-4928
e – firstname.lastname@example.org