Discover and Explore Your Passion — Annual High School Special Event Series
Business is what drives our world. How do you start a business? Market it and make it as successful as a major corporation such as Facebook? It all starts with an idea. On Friday, November 20, 2015, by working with expert business faculty and marketing professionals from Live Nation, you’ll learn essential and relevant marketing components, including the four P’s and how to successfully create a marketing plan. Then you’ll test your skills and work collaboratively in teams to develop a marketing plan based on a sample case assignment that will be presented to our esteemed panel of judges. The team that creates the most successful marketing plan will be awarded the coveted title of the Adelphi Apprentice.
2015 judges include:
- Alero Akuya, director of brand marketing at Nike Women, Adelphi Class of 2005 BA
- Trevor Braaten, manager of World Wide Business Development at Apple Inc., Adelphi Class of 2007
- Dan Casale, vice president of finance at Live Nation, Adelphi University Class of 2001 BBA, MBA 2003
- Kathy Casale, founder and marketing consultant at Sea Star Strategy, Adelphi University Class of 2004, MBA 2006
- Laura Catlan, director of enrollment communications at Adelphi University
- Donna Eichmeyer, vice president of marketing at Live Nation
- Mark Kulewicz, vice president of marketing at AAA Northeast, Adelphi University Class of 1985 MBA
- Rita Little, vice president of marketing, Bed Bath & Beyond (retired), Adelphi Class of 1972
- Gloria Luna, founder, strategy and branding consultant at Full Moon Branding Solutions, Adelphi University Class of 1993 MBA
- Renee Marquardt, senior vice president, Client Services at Didit, Adelphi University Class of 1992
- Alan Ostfield, president, North Atlantic-New York and Philadelphia at Live Nation
- Jenna Roper, senior marketing manager at Live Nation
- Matt Saril, marketing manager at Live Nation
- Michael Wentz, director of digital communications at Adelphi University
Friday, November 20
|8:15 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
|9:00 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
|9:10 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Marketing Introduction/Meet the Judges
|10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Break-Out Meetings (Planning)
|11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
First-Round Presentations/Marketing Lecture
|12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m.
|12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Final Judging/Awards Ceremony
All students and faculty must sign the Photo Release Form. Faculty must either bring all collected, completed release forms on the day of the event or send them in advance via email to email@example.com.
Please note that registration for the Adelphi Apprentice Challenge: Business Conference is now closed as the event has reached capacity. To add your school to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
» Check out our other high school special events
Learn more about Adelphi’s School of Business
This event is part of the Annual High School Special Event Series.